GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for assisting with the financial management of Vox Church, Inc. He/she will provide support and guidance to the accounting staff and volunteers and is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate completion of all financial functions including, but not limited to, monthly bank reconciliations, month-end procedures, accounts payable, general ledger maintenance, payroll journal entries, revenue entries, miscellaneous billing, reporting, cash flow management, audits, banking, insurance and state and federal compliance.
- Prepare and maintain accounting records to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting procedural standards.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and review daily cash activity for multiple entries.
- Monitor cash balances of bank accounts on daily basis for working capital requirements. Inform Controller when transfers are required and when transactions need review.
- Perform monthly credit and debit card reconciliations which includes daily bank account reviews and monitoring the receipt and expense system to ensure timely reporting of all expenses.
- Process accounts payable which includes opening mail, obtaining and attaching proper supporting documents, determining invoice expense allocation, invoice entry into accounting software, check processing, check mailing, payment processing and vendor file maintenance.
- Perform reconciliations of cash, AP and other accounts as needed.
- Assist in month-end procedures – booking accruals, maintaining asset schedules (fixed assets, prepaids), etc.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and related journal entries.
- Reconcile accounting ledgers for payroll accounts on a monthly basis to ensure that clearing accounts are reflected accurately.
- Work with department managers on pulling requested information such as production costs, events costs, etc.
- Prepare weekly AP reports for all invoices that are to be paid for Controller to review.
- Monitor outstanding checks to ensure that vendors are receiving payments in a timely manner.
- Periodic review of insurance coverage; obtaining certificates of insurance when required.
- Assist with oversight of the Counting Ministry; preparation of the weekly bank deposit which includes tithes and offerings from all campuses.
- Prepare the weekly journal entry to record weekly offering revenue for approval by the Controller.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare and participate with year-end audit conducted by external auditors.
- Complete and file any required Federal and State agency reports as needed.
- Develop, implement, modify and document recordkeeping and accounting systems.
- Maintain confidential information and files.
- Provide support to all staff and departments as needed in accounting and financial matters.
- Work collaboratively as a member of a team with other professionals and concerned parties.
- Actively participate in trainings and staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Live by and be advancing in the 7 Golden Habits (attached)
2. Understand and embody the Vox Church Distinctives (attached)
3. Utmost of integrity; honest and trustworthy
4. Ability to maintain confidential information
5. Carry a pioneering spirit
6. Carry a strong work-ethic; desire for excellence
7. Coachable and flexible
8. Committed to learning
9. Have and exercise exceptional judgment and discretion
A minimum of 3-5 years of accounting experience. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or
Finance is a plus. Experience in not-for profit field and staff supervision preferred.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge of and experience with bookkeeping and accounting procedures. Strong data
entry and processing skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Capable of leading and managing staff. Accuracy and high attention to detail. Highly
organized; ability to transition between and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Strong time management skills; ability to meet established deadlines and complete
projects on time.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required, emphasis on Excel. Experience with the Sage Intacct Accounting Software is highly desired.
Attendance at required in-service training and continuing education as recommended by supervisor; travel may be required. Must maintain a satisfactory performance in all areas of the Staff Accountant position.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to vendors, church members and other employees of the organization.
Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Compensation commensurate with experience, $45,000 - $60,000.
Vox Church is one church in 7 locations across the North East. Planted in 2011, our mission is to see New England go from to the least churched region in the United States to the most spiritually vibrant place on earth.
Company Website: www.voxchurch.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)