Director of Community Life and Discipleship
The Director of Community Life and Discipleship at Vox will oversee the development of key programs aimed at connecting people of the church to one another and to an ever-deepening daily walk of faith with Jesus Christ. In addition to overseeing the development of community groups across all our locations, this leadership position is charged with the implementation of the overall discipleship matrix for the church including: Essentials class, New Believers classes and groups, and CORE groups. The Director of Community Life and Discipleship will also play a key role in implementing an overall Christian Education strategy for the church as it expands its efforts toward helping people deepen their understanding of a Christ-centered, gospel-saturated life.
- Work with Campus Pastors to identify and then equip/train all local Community Group Directors at each church location to be able to cultivate effective community groups that make disciples.
- Leadership of Community Group Directional Team – comprised of local Community Group and Connections Directors from each location (staff and volunteer) - with the purposes of cross-campus program collaboration and personal leadership development. Work with DT to develop and coordinate offerings regionally for support, education/training and strengthening of Community Group Leadership.
- Ensure proper education and resourcing of all Community Group Leaders and Coaches at all locations.
- Create system/method of effective integration of Community Groups and Outreach/Service Groups with the goal of fostering a culture where rhythms of service are a regular part of community group identity.
- Ensure the equipping of all community groups with the structure, training and necessary resourcing to create CORE discipleship groups.
- Oversee the development and ongoing review of community group and CORE curriculum offerings.
- Work with Ministries Pastor to implement an overall adult Christian Education strategy for the church with the goal of implementing scalable offerings at all locations within the first 18 months. Additionally, this includes working with Vox Kids and Vox Youth Leadership to create a developmentally appropriate, synergistic approach to the spiritual formation of the whole person across their lifespan in our church.
- Embodiment of Vox Church Distinctives (see below).
- Evidence personal calling and passion to come alongside people and support their desire to grow in their faith walk with Jesus.
- Possess a working understanding of how people grow.
- Competent in building systems.
- Possess a passion for God’s Word and its place in the formation of a faith-life in Christ that endures.
- Have experience in leading small groups
- Evidence keen ability in and history of disciple-making.
- Proactive self-starter; enthusiastic, hardworking.
- Be a team builder and have a proven ability to lead/vision cast, manage and develop other leaders.
- Strength and passion for managing and ministering through others.
- Strong Communicator
- Evidence mature application of the Spiritual Disciplines in one’s life.
- 2 - 3 years in church or parachurch ministry preferred.
- B.A. or M.A. in an area of Christian Ministry preferred.
- WE ARE MARRIED TO THE MESSAGE: we don’t teach things that we don’t embody. This means that leaders serve, that transparency is king, and that our private lives reflect the devotion we proclaim. Success is not size, revenue, or influence. Rather, success is closing the gap between the life I’m living and the unlived life within me.
- WE ARE CONTENDERS: we believe that God made his Church the agents of his grace on the earth. We pray for salvation, healing, and deliverance and expect a big God to respond to big prayers. The secret things belong to God, but the revealed things are for us to pray for His kingdom upon this earth.
- WE ARE PIONEERS: innovation, change and risk are the language of faith. A pioneer takes territory previously considered uninhabitable and realizes its full potential. We are a church that carries a pioneering spirit.
- WE ARE STUDENTS OF CULTURE: the trends of fashion, the movement of art, the innovation around us, and the sounds produced all speak the language of our unique era. It is our passion to leverage everything to glorify God and reach people with the good news of Christ.
- OUR RELATIONSHIPS BUILD MUSCLE: rather than squirming away from confrontation and difficult conversations we humbly embrace the moment, knowing that honesty, relational investment, and process result in deep trust and sustainable health. We deal with conflict quickly and kill gossip before it breeds.
- WE THRIVE IN CULTURAL CENTERS: we go where people gather. We focus on cities because they bring us face to face with more people and more activity. As the world moves into the city, we strategically focus where the impact can be greatest.
- WE ENJOY THE RIDE: we won’t take for granted what God is doing in our church. Our leaders are committed to creating life rhythms that sustain us for a lifetime embracing Sabbath, celebration, and rest. We believe in a God of abundance and we develop life patterns built on grace.
Vox Church is one church in 7 locations across the North East. Planted in 2011, our mission is to see New England go from the least churched region in the United States to the most spiritually vibrant place on earth.
Company Website: www.voxchurch.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)