Mission: The Director of VoxKids will oversee the development of and provide direction for all programs and people aimed at the spiritual formation of children, birth through 5th grade. Having a vision for the development of kids ministry across all locations of a mutli-site church, it is further the responsibility of the Director of VoxKids to help identify and then actively resource, support and develop leaders of VoxKids at the local campus level – volunteer and staff - equipping them to properly guide children in their developing faith relationship with God. A goal of the VoxKids Director is also to actively work to create a resourcing relationship with parents in a variety of ways ranging from offering parenting seminars to regular communication between church and home all designed to help strengthen the Christ-centered family. The VoxKids Director will work closely with both the Ministries Pastor and the Central Director of Students to create and implement a unified vision for the spiritual journey of the whole child grounded in Jesus Christ, birth thru grade 12.
- Work with Campus Pastors to identify and then equip/train all local Directors of VoxKids at each church location to be able to effectively minister to and disciple children at their respective locations. This also includes providing campus kids ministry leaders – volunteer and staff – with current kids’ ministry best practices.
- Leadership of VoxKids Directional Team – comprised of local VoxKids Directors from each location - with the purposes of cross-campus program collaboration and personal development. Work with DT to develop and coordinate special programs regionally for children and families. (VBS, kids camps, family nights, etc) - Special events.
- Empower and equip local campus VoxKids Directors to create an environment where recruiting and developing vibrant kids ministry teams of volunteers is active, successful and ongoing. • Review kids volunteer recruitment, training/development protocols, making recommendations and revisions (content and calendar) for implementation at all locations within the first 6-9months.
- Oversee the development and review of resources and curriculum used on Sunday mornings at the various church locations.
- Oversee the development of properly safe environments for kids ministry to take place in. Ensure implementation of all safety and security procedures related to kids ministry at the local campus level including all proper training of volunteers to this end.
- Develop strategy for regularly offered parenting seminars and specially targeted equipping efforts to support parents of children. Additionally, provide direction and support for the development of a parent prayer community.
- Develop content for and maintain rhythm of effective communication between church and parents unto resourcing.
- Work toward the development of creative, regularly scheduled opportunities for families to serve together through community outreach and engagement.
- Oversee the development of programs and people that target the effective assimilation of new families with children into the life of the church.
- Facilitate the execution of VoxKids ministry at all new location launches.
- Embodiment of VoxChurch distinctives.
- Evidence personal calling and passion to see children transformed into Christlikeness.
- Ability to come alongside parents in support of their desire to see their children develop hearts and habits of faith in Jesus.
- Possess a working understanding of child development stages and general family dynamics.
- Has a passion for the proper communication of the truth of God’s Word to children.
- Proactive and self-starter, enthusiastic, hardworking.
- Be a team builder and evidence proven ability to lead/vision cast and manage other leaders.
- Strength and passion for managing and ministering through others.
- Ability to initiate creative ministry in age-appropriate ways — innovative.
- Strong Communicator
- Evidence mature application of the Spiritual Disciplines in one’s life.
- 3-4 years of experience in children’s ministry in some context.
- B.A. or M.A. in the area of Children’s Ministry, Child and Family Development/Ministry, Education (general), Christian Education (particular) or other related discipline preferred.
Vox Church is one church in 7 locations across the North East. Planted in 2011, our mission is to see New England go from to the least churched region in the United States to the most spiritually vibrant place on earth.
Company Website: www.voxchurch.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)