POSITION OPEN IMMEDIATELY
Mission: The Director of Students will oversee the development of and provide direction for all programs and people aimed at the spiritual formation of students in grades 6-12 at Vox Church. Having a vision for the development of youth ministry across all locations of a multi-site church, it is further the responsibility of the Director of Students (DOS) to actively resource, support and develop leaders at the local campus levels – volunteer and staff - equipping them to connect with and properly guide students in their faith journey with Christ. A goal of the DOS is also to provide support for parents of teens within the church as they embrace their God-given responsibility to guide their children in the formation of hearts that love and are committed to Jesus. Relatedly, the DOS will work closely with both the Ministries Pastor and the Central VoxKids Director to create and implement a unified vision for the spiritual journey of the whole child grounded in Jesus Christ, birth thru grade 12.
- Work with Campus Pastors to identify and then equip all youth coordinators at each church location to be able to effectively minister to and disciple students at their respective locations.
- Leadership of a Central Youth Directional Team – comprised of local youth coordinators from each location - with the purposes of cross-campus collaboration. The Central Youth DT also strategizes and provides leadership for the execution of centrally offered events to all campuses. (Fall and winter retreats, all campus outreaches, hang-outs, etc.)
- Create and implement a system for centrally offered regional youth gatherings across locations. (Youth House)
- Develop and coordinate Bible teaching content/curriculum to be used for both centrally offered regional gatherings (Youth House) AND location specific student community groups.
- Coordinate content, equip and provide support for Community Group leaders (of youth) at each location.
- Facilitate centrally offered parenting seminars to support parents of teens as well as provide direction and support for the development of a parent prayer community.
- Create and facilitate centrally offered outreach/mission opportunities for students across locations. Equip local campus coordinators to do the same.
- Ensure the implementation of uniform standards for safe and secure interaction between youth leaders – volunteer and staff – and students at all locations.
- Proven passion for ministry within the context of youth culture
- Evidence mature application of the Spiritual Disciplines in one’s life.
- Understand & embody the Vox Church Distinctives
- Vision and passion for the local church of Jesus Christ
- Passion for and ability to teach/communicate the truth of God’s Word to teens.
- Be a team builder and evidence proven ability to lead/vision cast and manage other leaders.
- Coachable/Teachable spirit
- Strong work-ethic
- Organized yet flexible Education/Background:
- 2-4 years of experience in youth ministry in some context.
- Bachelor’s degree in ministry, education or related field preferred.
Vox Church is one church in 7 locations across the North East. Planted in 2011, our mission is to see New England go from to the least churched region in the United States to the most spiritually vibrant place on earth.
Company Website: www.voxchurch.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)