Responsible for supervising, nurturing, and caring for children typically from 6 months through preteen ages. This position consists of welcoming children, facilitating crafts and activities, diapering, and managing of the children’s behavior while in the classroom.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Arrive 15-20 minutes before an event or service.
- Prepare room and organize activities and curricula (when provided).
- Ensure proper check-in and check-out procedures.
- Ensure all children’s diaper bags and/or personal belongings are tagged, if possible.
- Nurture and care for children while parents are in service or attending an event.
- Supervise older children and engage them in activities.
- Provide for children’s basic needs and comfort children when they are crying.
- For children ages 6 months to 3 change diapers when needed. (minimum once per session)
- Report to onsite coordinator or director if student to teacher ratio is at capacity.
- Redirect poor behaviors when necessary and report problem behaviors to coordinator.
- Inform incident reports when required.
- Perform good hand-washing techniques for disease and infection control.
- Maintain classroom cleanliness and follow cleaning procedures provided in the VoxKids Child Care Guidelines.
- Communicate room needs to onsite coordinator or VoxKids Director.
- Perform emergency procedures and protocol when necessary.
- Complete e-selfserve time clock in a timely manner
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
Skills and Characteristics Required
3. Servant Hearted
4. Engaging Teacher
- Calm under pressure in changing and/or emergency situations
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Physically capable of sustained activity.
Vox Church is one church in 9 locations across the North East. Planted in 2011, our mission is to see New England go from the least churched region in the United States to the most spiritually vibrant place on earth.
Company Website: www.voxchurch.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)