Southern CT Regional Outreach Director
The Southern Connecticut Regional Outreach Director will serve as a member of the Outreach team. They will work directly with campus pastors and outreach directors of the Southern Connecticut region (STM, BPT, NHV, NTH). The primary goal of their role is to ensure that each location has the support and resourcing that they need from a central level to carry out the local outreach strategy of our church.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working alongside Outreach Directors and campus pastors to grow impact group involvement to include 30% of Vox Church attendees at each of the Southern CT locations within 18 months.
- Creating and implementing a consistent mid-block protocol with the goal to assist each campus team with the adaption of our outreach strategy along with budgeting best practices within the first 18 months.
- Serving on our New Haven Outreach Team and eventually transitioning to the New Haven Outreach Director role by June of 2021.
- Consistently analyzing each location’s successes and failures regarding church partnership and developing an individualized church partnership strategy with each Campus Pastor within the first 12 months.
- Work alongside each Campus Outreach Director to develop 15 new community partnerships across all locations and work toward empowering Campus Outreach Directors to add impact groups at applicable locations.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Live & be advancing in the 7 Golden Habits (see below)
- Understand & embody the Vox Church Distinctives (see below)
- Carry a pioneering spirit
- Highly skilled in leading, shepherding, and managing volunteers
- Able to communicate vision
- Coachable and flexible spirit
- A problem solver with creative solution thinking
- A strong work-ethic
- Servant’s heart
- Experience in social work, social justice, event planning or community engagement are all recommended, but not required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Requirement to oversee events that could require extensive planning and set-up ahead of time.
- Comfort loading and unloading vehicles with necessary supplies and production gear.
7 Golden Habits
- Daily Time with God – We ask that all of our staff are spending at least 1 hour with God daily, 6 days per week.
- Sharing your Faith – As a staff, we as individuals should regularly going out of our way to intentionally share Christ with non-believers.
- Following the Holy Spirit – As a practice, we believe that God is still doing the miraculous, and will seek Him to that end; believing for supernatural healing and hearing from the Holy Spirit for His leading in our lives.
- Sexual Purity – As a standard, we maintain a lifestyle that is free from sexual sin.
- Financial Stewardship – We are a generous people, and freely give to the local church as a priority. We do so based on a percentage of our income, as God leads us. We look to increase this giving progressively each year.
- Healthy Rhythms – We ask that, in keeping with a healthy lifestyle, all of our staff observe a weekly sabbath.
- Making Disciples – As a practice, we are constantly looking to reproduce ourselves in others.
Vox Church Distinctives
- We are Married to the Message – we don’t teach things that we don’t embody. This means that leaders serve, that transparency is king, and that our private lives reflect the devotion we proclaim. Success is not size, revenue, or influence. Rather, success is closing the gap between the life I’m living and the unlived life within me.
- We are Contenders – we believe that God made his Church the agents of his grace on the earth. We pray for salvation, healing, and deliverance and expect a big God to respond to big prayers. The secret things belong to God, but the revealed things are for us to pray for His kingdom upon this earth.
- We are Pioneers – innovation, change and risk are the language of faith. A pioneer takes territory previously considered uninhabitable and realizes its full potential. We are a church that carries a pioneering spirit.
- We are Students of Culture – the trends of fashion, the movement of art, the innovation around us, and the sounds produced all speak the language of our unique era. It is our passion to leverage everything to glorify God and reach people with the good news of Christ.
- Our Relationships Build Muscle – rather than squirming away from confrontation and difficult conversations we humbly embrace the moment, knowing that honesty, relational investment, and process result in deep trust and sustainable health. We deal with conflict quickly and kill gossip before it breeds.
- We Thrive in Cultural Centers – we go where people gather. We focus on cities because they bring us face to face with more people and more activity. As the world moves into the city, we strategically focus where the impact can be greatest.
- We Enjoy the Ride – we won’t take for granted what God is doing in our church. Our leaders are committed to creating life rhythms that sustain us for a lifetime embracing Sabbath, celebration, and rest. We believe in a God of abundance and we develop life patterns built on grace.
Vox Church is one church in 9 locations across the North East. Planted in 2011, our mission is to see New England go from the least churched region in the United States to the most spiritually vibrant place on earth.
Company Website: www.voxchurch.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)